Thursday, January 7, 2010

GREAT NEWS & AN AWARD

First I want to thank all my Spiritual Sunday friends for praying for me. I had skin cancer surgery scheduled for Monday. Last week I started getting a cold and I was concerned about how that would affect my surgery. In talking to the doctor's office about different things, I was told that since it was basal cell cancer that it could be taken care of topically. Why wasn't I told that before? I don't know, but I was sure happy to hear it. So, I cancelled the surgery and will be seeing a dermatologist. Another concern was when I had my mammogram a couple of weeks ago, I had to go for a follow up mammogram and an ultrasound. I just got home from doing that, and was told everything was OK. I don't need to go back until next year to have my yearly exam. Now I'm ready to celebrate.

Photobucket
On top of this good news, I just received an award from a new friend I recently met through the Spiritual Sundays blog. Her name is Audrinna. Thank you so much, Audrinna for this beautiful award. It is really special. Her blog is called Audrinna World. I hope you will go visit her there. Here's the link: http://aurinnnworld.blogspot.com/  I am supposed to pass this award on to five people. I thought and thought about who to pass it on to and there were so many people that I couldn't possibly choose 5 so I want to pass it on to all my angel blogging friends. You know who you are. I really want each of you to have this award.


34 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award,and thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Charolette sweeetie..
    Congratulations on your award. They are always nice from a friend.

    I am so thankful to hear that your mammogram has gone good and you are clear for the year. Isn't God just wonderful.

    Why on earth would the Dr. schedule surgery for skin cancer and not even let you know that topical is an answer too. What is wrong with the profession today that we aren't given all the options? I am so thankful, and hopefully the topical will do what it needs to do and take care of your problem. Living here in the valley we have to be so careful.

    I will be saying some prayers for you sweetie. Please take care. Have a beautiful day today.

    Country hugs sweetie..>Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read your good news about your treatment and not needing surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte,
    Wonderful news! God is so good!



    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, That is wonderful news on both of those. God is so good what a blessing he gave you.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord for His everlasting kindness. That's awesome sister Charlotte. Praying still for complete healing. God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings Charlotte, So great to hear that the LORD answered our prayers & all is well! Now may He continue to keep you healthy and wise! So glad that all turned out in the clear! You take care & forever He will! Congrats on your precious angel award! Yes, those angels are watching over you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got the good news. It can be scary. I'm glad you and Clif went out to celebrate. And congrats on your award.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God for your good news!!! I'm so glad for your health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Charlotte,
    What wonderful news, I know you were ready to celebrate! God is so Good!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte - that is great news...I can imagine what your emotions have felt like up to the time you recived the positive news.
    Congrats on the award. YOu deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news!!! ... Isn't it such a beautiful relief?
    Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will pray u will keep getting good news my friend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news, Charlotte. You have every reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI!!!
    Oh Praise God for good news!!!!
    He is so good to us to keep us healthy!! A little cold, I won't complain!!!!
    I did PLAY Church when I was little with my 2 sisters, either with Barbie dolls, Paper dolls or jsut us, we would play our little kid size organ and just sing away!!! With hair brushes!!! Our paper dolls were the best dressed paper people ever!!!! And they loves going to church, we talk now and say it must have been a very good experience for us that we would play it!!!!
    My girls said they and I remember them doing it as well, sadly my oldest daughter said though that a few girls at the church we went to when they were little were mean to them, I never knew that, I think because one of the mean girls mom was a good friend of mine!! how sad huh???? Just glad though that they liked playing church too!!!!
    Hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you've had way too many scares, but thank the Lord, you've done well. Perhaps the cold was God's way of helping you avoid surgery. Isn't He grand?

    I wish I'd known in advance so that I could've prayed for you. I've been so swamped with moving, Christmas, and house guests that I'm not sure of my name!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good medical reports are wonderful things. So glad everything is OK with you. God is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how wonderful! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praise the Lord for the good report. I know how scary that is. Congratulations on the pretty award. I posted a link to your husband's blog today. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Charlotte...so thankful your doctors appointment brought good news. A friend of mine used a topical method for a facial skin cancer with excellent results.

    God bless and "see" you at the next Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you received good news. I also had basil cell removed this year. It was on my face in the temple area. I had a good scar for a while but you can hardly see it now. I had it removed at the dermatologists--it was still surgery of sorts and required stiches. It was sore for quite a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Charlotte,

    I am sooo sorry I missed this post BUT AM I am so Happy to be able to read the great report!!! What a blessing and Thank YOU LORD !!!!! Nothing like hearing the words it is all going to be OK is there :)

    Congrats on the award...I am begining to think I am going to do what Clif does and become Award free. It is so hard to send them out I feel like I am hurting people feelings if I leave anyone out! Anyway ~ random thoughts going on sorry :)

    Love you Charlotte and just praising the Lord for the GOOD NEWS !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am glad that everything turned out alright. The same thing happened to me last year after a mammogram. This year they put round tape on some moles so they wouldn't think they were cancer. Maybe they are getting wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am rejoicing with you in hearing this good news! Been Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Charlotte, this is wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

    My husband had a basal cell removed several moths ago in a Mohs procedure. We were there a good part of the day, but they did get all of it.

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I so glad you do not need surgery . I am praying for your complete recovery .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am thankful for our good reports, Charlotte. God bless you and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Charolette, I am so happy to hear the good news! I will keep you in my prayers for continued good health.
    God bless,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Charlotte!!!!
    Thanks for stopping by!!! yes, Simon adds so much to that show!!! I laughed so much last night!!! I think it is sad to laugh at them, but I have to assume it is comedic for the show!!!! They can't possible think they are Idol material!!!!
    How awesome I loved him, I thought he was so talented!!!! How lucky for you to get to hear him lead worship, Scottsdale bible, is that over by or in McCormick ranch?????
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi Dear Charlotte.. Congratulations on your lovely award..
    So pleased to hear you got the all clear on your mammogram. another 12 months reprieve.. Its a worrying time waiting on reslts My sister and I were both recalled for biopsy's I got the all clear for 12 months. But my sister lost her breast to aggressive breast cancer..I had opperation Bowel cancer 5 years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so thankful your health report was so good. We surely need to give God the glory for answered prayer. Be blessed and rest in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you Lord for a good mammogram report for Charlotte.

    Congrats on the award.

    I've been a bad blog friend lately. Sorry. Between the holidays, the wedding plans, house guests and trips, my time has been crazy busy.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte